Choosing an Austin Real Estate Attorney
The attorneys at Sheehan Law, PLLC handle a wide variety of real estate legal matters throughout Texas, including the Austin, Cedar Park, Round Rock, and Pflugerville areas. We specialize in transactional real estate law, as well as real estate litigation.
Some of the many practice areas that Attorney Farren Sheehan routinely handles include the following:
- Residential and commercial real estate purchases
- Sales and leasing transactions
- Lender- and buyer-side foreclosure suits
- Land transfer disputes
- Land use matters (zoning, planning, environmental permitting, etc.)
- Residential and commercial lease disputes and other landlord-tenant law
- Easement issues
- Homeowners’ association matters
- Adverse possession actions
- Seller financing transactions
- Homeowners association issues
- So much more.
Helping Clients Negotiate Leases and Sales Agreements
Our clients participate in many different types of real estate transactions on a daily basis – whether they are in the process of buying their first home or spending millions of dollars investing in commercial property – and everything in between. Whatever the scale of the transaction, we make sure our clients are aware of their rights and liabilities associated with owning or renting property in the state of Texas before they sign any contract or lease. We negotiate tirelessly on behalf of our clients to ensure optimal results. If we believe that a deal is not in a client’s best interest, we proceed accordingly, always taking into consideration our valued client’s goals. Our clients count on us to know what each and every provision of a contract means.
The Many Nuances of Real Estate Law
One example of the many legal real estate matters that our firm routinely handles includes providing legal counsel regarding property associations. With regard to our clients who wish to purchase residential homes, we advise them of all applicable laws, regulations, and any pre-existing agreements established by homeowners’ or condominium property owners’ associations. At Sheehan Law, PLLC, we deal with these agreements all the time, and we provide valuable counsel and insight to our clients.
In addition to our practical experience, we take pride in our commitment to remain current and up-to-date on developments in Texas real estate law. This specialized area of law evolves on a continuous basis; we pledge to provide our clients with accurate and well-researched legal advice.
Although many residential transactions are relatively straightforward, some potential deals contain traps for the unwary. We have significant experience recognizing possible pitfalls in all types of real estate transactions – this is one reason our clients value our legal services.
Some common legal questions that we help our commercial clients resolve include:
- I want to purchase a piece of commercial property. What can I do with the property? More specifically, what can I not do with the property?
- What is guaranteed to me, a landlord, under my commercial lease?
- What is my potential liability to third persons who may visit my commercial property?
Choosing the right Austin real estate lawyer is essential to ensuring that you are well-informed about your property before you commit.
Providing Clients With Real Estate Litigation Services
As lawyers, one of our ultimate goals is to structure transactions so as to avoid all potential disputes that may arise in the future. Unfortunately, parties to a real estate transaction or existing contract may find themselves in a dispute – one in which legal assistance is necessary to resolve.
If you already own or lease real estate and face a dispute concerning the property, or if you are a party to an ongoing transaction and face a contractual dispute, locating the right attorney is critical to helping you resolve the matter as favorably as possible. At Sheehan Law, PLLC, we have significant experience representing clients in real-estate litigation matters throughout Texas. Because we are successful transactional attorneys as well as litigators, our clients do not have to shoulder the burden and expense incurred by changing attorneys if a lawsuit arises from a transaction
Contact Us Today
Austin real estate attorney Farren Sheehan is committed to providing clients with a broad range of real estate legal services. Our firm strives to accommodate whatever needs clients have or any unplanned-for contingencies that clients may be facing.
Contact our offices today to see how we can help you with commercial or residential property litigation.
Additional Real Estate Information:
- Affidavits of Heirship for Real Property
- Marketable Title in Texas
- Quitclaim Deeds in Texas
- Right of First Refusal in Texas Real Estate
- Rights of Joint Tenants in Texas
- Reverse Mortgages in Texas
- Seller Financing in Real Property Transactions in Texas
- Wraparound Mortgages in Texas
- Life Estates in Texas Real Estate: Formation, Rights, and Duties
- Party Walls in Texas
- Purchase Money Resulting Trusts in Texas
- Strategies Against a Homestead Claim in Texas
- Equitable Servitudes in Texas
- Texas Restrictive Covenants
- Types of Easements in Texas