We are pleased to offer real estate services that are scalable to your individual needs. Our firm has been handling real estate law matters in Texas for nearly two decades. This experience and time in the field has gained our firm a trusted reputation. In fact, Sheehan Law, PLLC was voted to Austin Monthly’s 2020 Top Attorneys in the Real Estate category.
Our firm is prepared to assist you in any of your real estate needs. Our focus areas are in Seller Financing, Transactions, Deeds, Contract Review, For Sale by Owner, and beyond.
Choosing An Austin Real Estate Attorney
At Sheehan Law, PLLC our Austin real estate attorney can handle a wide variety of real estate legal matters. We work throughout Texas, in areas including:
- Cedar Park
- Round Rock
We specialize in transactional real estate law, as well as real estate litigation. Consequently, Attorney Farren Sheehan routinely handles cases in many practice areas that include:
- Residential and commercial real estate purchases
- Sales and leasing transactions
- Lender- and buyer-side foreclosure suits
- Land transfer disputes
- Land use matters (zoning, planning, environmental permitting, etc.)
- Residential and commercial lease disputes and other landlord-tenant law
- Easement issues
- Homeowners’ association matters
- Adverse possession actions
- Seller financing transactions
- Homeowners association issues
- So much more.
Helping Clients Negotiate Leases And Sales Agreements
Our clients participate in many types of real estate transactions on a daily basis. As a result, we help clients buy their first home, invest in commercial property and everything in between. For instance, a commercial transaction may involve millions of dollars. However, we make sure our clients are aware of their rights and liabilities. This helps them understand the responsibilities of owning, investing in and renting property in Texas. In short, we help ensure you understand your real estate transaction before you sign a contract or lease.
We negotiate tirelessly on behalf of our clients to ensure optimal results. If we believe that a deal is not in a client’s best interest, we proceed accordingly. We always take into consideration our valued client’s goals. Our clients count on us to know what each and every provision of a contract means.
The Many Nuances Of Real Estate Law
Providing legal counsel for property associations is one example of our routine casework. When our clients wish to purchase a residential home, we advise them in the applicable laws. This includes regulations and pre-existing agreements established by homeowners’ or condominium property owners’ associations. At Sheehan Law, PLLC, we deal with these agreements all the time, and we provide valuable counsel and insight to our clients.
In addition to our practical experience, we take pride in our commitment to remain current and up-to-date on developments in Texas real estate law. This specialized area of law evolves on a continuous basis; we pledge to provide our clients with accurate and well-researched legal advice.
Although many residential transactions are relatively straightforward, some potential deals contain traps for the unwary. We have significant experience recognizing possible pitfalls in all types of real estate transactions – this is one reason our clients value our legal services.
Some common legal questions that we help our commercial clients resolve include:
- I want to purchase a piece of commercial property. What can I do with the property? More specifically, what can I not do with the property?
- What am I, as a landlord, guaranteed under my commercial lease?
- What is my potential liability to third persons who may visit my commercial property?
Choosing the right Austin real estate lawyer is essential to ensuring that you are well-informed about your property before you commit.
Providing Clients With Real Estate Litigation Services
As lawyers, one of our ultimate goals is to structure transactions so as to avoid all potential disputes that may arise in the future. Unfortunately, parties to a real estate transaction or existing contract may find themselves in a dispute – one in which legal assistance is necessary to resolve.
If you already own or lease real estate and face a dispute concerning the property, or if you are a party to an ongoing transaction and face a contractual dispute, locating the right attorney is critical to helping you resolve the matter as favorably as possible. At Sheehan Law, PLLC, we have significant experience representing clients in real estate litigation matters throughout Texas. Because we are successful transactional attorneys as well as litigators, our clients do not have to shoulder the burden and expense incurred by changing attorneys if a lawsuit arises from a transaction
Contact Us Today
Austin real estate attorney Farren Sheehan provides clients with a broad range of real estate legal services. Our firm strives to accommodate whatever needs clients have or any unplanned-for contingencies that clients may be facing.
Contact our offices today to see how we can help you with commercial or residential property litigation.
Additional Real Estate Information:
- The Basics Of Estate Planning
- Do I Need Both A Real Estate Agent And A Real Estate Attorney To Buy Or Sell Property In Texas?
- My Neighbor Says He’s Filing Bankruptcy To Get Rid Of His HOA Fees. Is That Allowed? Are HOA Dues Discharged In Bankruptcy? If So, What Happens To The Property?
- Affidavits of Heirship for Real Property
- Marketable Title in Texas
- Right of First Refusal in Texas Real Estate
- Rights of Joint Tenants in Texas
- Reverse Mortgages in Texas
- Seller Financing in Real Property Transactions in Texas
- Wraparound Mortgages in Texas
- Life Estates in Texas Real Estate: Formation, Rights, and Duties
- Party Walls in Texas
- Purchase Money Resulting Trusts in Texas
- Strategies Against a Homestead Claim in Texas
- Equitable Servitudes in Texas
- Texas Restrictive Covenants
- Types of Easements in Texas